If you are relocating to Mauritius during covid times you need to know what the quarantine protocols are?
Mauritius has been in its second lockdown since 16 March 2021 and although some restrictions have been eased on 1 May 2021, you are still not free to come and go as you like.
Incoming and outgoing flights are very limited.
No passenger flights are expected to arrive until the 15th of May.
While travel restrictions have been extended to 31st May, exceptional flights may still be programmed.
Arriving passengers of ALL AGES (yes, that includes toddlers and infants) must possess the following documents:
- a negative COVID – 19 PCR test certificate which was administered between 5 and 7 days prior to the date of boarding at the last point of embarkation.
- a valid air ticket to Mauritius; and
- proof of purchase of a travel package including accommodation, on a full board basis, at a designated hotel for a mandatory 14-day in-room quarantine.
Please note the following information regarding quarantine in Mauritius:
- 14 days of quarantine is compulsory upon arrival in Mauritius
- The establishment to which you complete your quarantine needs to be an APPROVED establishment
- Bookings need to be done through the MTPA – Online Reservation Platform (https://booking.mymauritius.travel/…)
- There are specific hotels allocated for specific arrival dates
Quarantine in Mauritius – What are the health checks that need to be done once you have arrived in Mauritius?
- A PCR test will be performed on day 0 (the day you land) at the airport.
- Another PCR test will be done again on day 7 of quarantine
- You will then receive another test on day 14
- Medical staff will check your temperature twice a day during the quarantine
NEGATIVE – Your certificate of health will be handed over to you on your last day, stating that you tested negative on all three tests before being able to leave.
POSITIVE – You will be transferred into the ENT hospital where you will remain until you test negative twice in a row.Please also remember that incoming passengers to Mauritius must download and fill out their Public Health Covid-19 Passenger Health Self-Declaration Form and Passenger Locator Form which must be handed over to the Ministry of Health and Wellness counters upon their arrival.Find forms here: https://booking.mymauritius.travel/…