It has been announced that Mauritius will open its borders from to International Travel from 15 July 2021. It is with this announcement that health and safety protocols have been clearly outlined.
This exciting announcement came about due to the island having received and secured enough vaccines in order to achieve goals implemented in the Mauritius Vaccination Campaign. With this being said, it is important to note that the quarantine and health protocols still remain in place until the estimated date of reopening of borders to those who have been vaccinated, 1 October 2021, whereby those entering into Mauritius will no longer need to quarantine. This will be possible should the island meet the required Vaccination Campaign goals.
From 15 July 2021 Mauritius Borders Open to International Travel with Quarantine:
- Mauritius to reopen borders to international travel
- Quarantine and health protocols still in place
- This is subject to having been vaccinated, as well as completing all necessary health checks
- 14 day Quarantine still in place
From 1 October 2021 Mauritius Borders Open to International Travel:
- Mauritius to reopen borders to international travel, should they meet herd immunity and accomplish the necessary goals of the Vaccination Campaign in Mauritius
- Those vaccinated will no longer need to complete the 14 day quarantine
Arriving passengers of ALL AGES (yes, that includes toddlers and infants) must possess the following documents:
- a negative COVID – 19 PCR test certificate which was administered between 5 and 7 days prior to the date of boarding at the last point of embarkation.
- a valid air ticket to Mauritius; and
- proof of purchase of a travel package including accommodation, on a full board basis, at a designated hotel for a mandatory 14-day in-room quarantine.
Please note the following information regarding quarantine in Mauritius:
- 14 days of quarantine is compulsory upon arrival in Mauritius
- The establishment to which you complete your quarantine needs to be an APPROVED establishment
- Bookings need to be done through the MTPA – Online Reservation Platform (https://booking.mymauritius.travel/…)
- There are specific hotels allocated for specific arrival dates
Quarantine in Mauritius – What are the health checks that need to be done once you have arrived in Mauritius?
- A PCR test will be performed on day 0 (the day you land) at the airport.
- Another PCR test will be done again on day 7 of quarantine
- You will then receive another test on day 14
- Medical staff will check your temperature twice a day during the quarantine